Puretec® Softrol™ SOL Series Water Softeners
WaterMark approved water softening filter systems to protect your home appliances and make cleaning easier! Available from GG Pumps & Electrical.
Say 'no' to scale in your home
Puretec® Softrol™ SOL Series Water Softeners are WaterMark approved to reduce scaling and spotting in your home or building. Hard water is water that contains dissolved minerals such as limestone, iron, sulphur, magnesium and calcium. If these minerals are not removed from your water, they will cause scaling, eventually blocking plumbing and shortening the life of appliances — particularly hot water units, dishwashers, washing machines, etc.
Minerals found in hard water build up in appliances such as hot water systems and dishwashers reducing their service life and making them less efficient. Soft water saves you money by allowing you to replace the appliances less often and saves the environment by cutting waste.
How It Works
1. Untreated water passes through the softening resin.
2. Resin softens the water by reducing ions such as calcium and magnesium.
3. Water enters your home, providing the benefits of soft water throughout the house.
4. The system periodically uses a salt (brine) solution to cleanse and recharge the resin, whilst releasing the hardness and other impurities down the drain.
Advice. Products. Solutions. Locally source and find out more about the range of Puretec Softrol SOL Series Water Softening Filter Systems from GG Pumps & Electrical your local Irrigear® Independent Experts — the leaders in pumping, irrigation, filtration, water and fluid management.
- WaterMark Approved
- Reduce Scaling and Spotting
- Protect Valuable Appliances
- Easy to Install
- Cost Effective
- Sleek, Modern Design
Provide softened, purified water throughout your facility or home. Available in four models (full specifications, see PDF download on this page):
• Softrol SOL30-E3 – 30Lpm / Valve: Volumetric E3-matic
• Softrol SOL40-E3 – 40Lpm / Valve: Volumetric E3-matic
• Softrol SOL30-E1 – 30Lpm / Valve: Automatic E1-matic
• Softrol SOL40-E1 – 40Lpm / Valve: Automatic E1-matic
- A WaterMark approved water softener to reduce scaling and spotting in your water system.
- Glassware is now clear and shiny with no scale, smear or spots.
- Protects against premature replacement of hot water systems and many other appliances and fixtures.
- Enjoy washing your car with a scale-free finish.
- It’s easier to wash soap and shampoo out completely so your shower screen is easier to clean.
- Now ice cubes look clearer and more appealing.
- Can also remove traces of metals such as copper, iron and manganese.
- Sleek, modern design to complement your facility.
- Class-leading efficiency due to premium resins and optimised flow dynamics.
- Width: 350mm
- Height: 1125mm
- Depth: 490mm
- Bottom to Connection Height: 950mm
Note: Chlorine (free chlorine) tolerance is 1ppm - high chlorine levels permanently damage the softening resin and is not covered under warranty. If chlorine exceeds this limit, we
recommend a carbon pre-filter such as the WH2 or CFS Series. Please refer to Puretec for a specific recommendation. In any case, a carbon pre-filter is recommended to protect against chlorine spikes & prolong the resin life.
Backwashing is an essential preventative maintenance procedure for these systems in order for filter media to be regenerated, and to ensure the system is functioning correctly. Any spent backwash water is discharged, without treatment, down the drain. For any further information or system-specific volumes, please contact Puretec.
Select the location of your water softener with care. Various conditions which contribute to proper location are as follows:
- Install as close as possible to a drain.
- Install in correct relationship to other water treatment equipment. Contact Puretec for assistance.
- Install the softener in the supply line BEFORE the water heater. Temperatures above 43.3°C (110°F) will damage the softener and void the warranty.
- DO NOT install the softener in a location where freezing temperatures occur.
- Freezing may cause permanent damage and will also void the warranty.
- DO NOT install where water hammer conditions may occur without installing an arrestor.
- Allow sufficient space around the installation for easy servicing. Provide a nonswitched 240V power source for the control valve.
- Protect from pressure vacuum with a suitable vacuum breaker.
- Where line pressure exceeds 500 kPa, an approved pressure limiting device must be installed to comply with Australian & New Zealand Plumbing Standards. (Ref. AS/NZS 3500.1:2021, Clause 3.3.4).
- For point of entry installations an approved backflow prevention device must be installed.
- The control valve, fittings and/or bypass are designed to accommodate minor plumbing misalignment but are not designed to support the weight of a system or the plumbing.
- Do not use petroleum jelly, oils, other hydrocarbon lubricants or spray silicone anywhere.
- A silicon lubricant may be used on the black o-rings but it is not necessary.
- Do not use pipe dope or other sealants on threads. Thread seal tape is the preferred sealant but is not necessary on the nut connection or caps because of o-ring seals.
- All plumbing should be done in accordance with local plumbing codes. The pipe size for the drain line should be a minimum of ⅝”.
- Avoid getting primer and solvent cement on filter
- Please consult the user guide for the full instructions prior to installing the water softening system.
Premium Manufacturer of Water Filtration Products.
Puretec® is dedicated to manufacturing a wide range of leading edge water filtration products and to provide unrivaled backup. All Puretec products come with class leading warranties, are of impeccable quality and are true to our tagline "Perfecting Water". With 30 years in the water filtration industry, Puretec remains a family owned, family run company with an unrivalled reputation for quality, innovation and reliability.
Puretec’s vision is to be the world’s best water purification manufacturer. The best means providing outstanding quality and value, leading innovation and continuous improvement, ‘Wow’ Customer service and the largest range through authorised distributors.
Talk to the team at GG Pumps & Electrical a member of Irrigear® Independent Experts to find out more about the complete range of Puretec® Softrol™ SOL Series Water Softening Filter Systems – and start removing scale and protecting your home applicances sooner than you thought possible!
Enquiry form find out more
GG Pumps & Electrical